Wednesday 12 June 2013

Summer Scents!

Since we're in the swing of things, I thought I'd share my favourite scents for summer. I love floral scents pretty much all year round. So I've been trying to diversify, but I'm not sure how much I'v succeeded. My spring/ summer scents tend to be a lot lighter than winter scents, they're not heavy and don't give me a headache if it's too warm. I just want something light to mask my scent on those 'muskier' days, shall we say ha! So I'll explain my choices!

Daisy Eau So Fresh - Marc Jacobs
I've fallen in love with this perfume. I bought it at a bargainous price when 'the perfume man' came into work. So I got a lot of perfume for my money. The bottle is so pretty, and whilst I know Daisy is everyone's kind of go to perfume I've fallen for the hype, and love it. It's very sweet and fresh, and I love how even though it's light, I still smell whiffs of it throughout the day. It smells super summery with the floral smell I love (can't hold me back) and it's very fruity, I think it's definitely for a sweet tooth, and maybe for a younger crowd, but it does suit a lot of people. 

Stella Summer - Stella McCartney
As a big fan of the Stella perfumes, whenever a limited addition comes out I whip it up quick as a flash. I've had the Stella Sheer, which is lovely. And whilst I think the Sheer is a prettier bottle, you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. Or a perfume... by it's bottle... I guess!? This is lovely. It has the Stella smell of Rose, but again, is very similar to Eau So Fresh in the sense that it incorporates the fruitiness and sweetness, like apples and lemons, that is more associated with summer. Hence the name! I just got it! This has been retailing for about £38 for 100ml and I'm thinking of buying another bottle for next summer as I think it leads really nicely from Stella.

CKIN2U - Calvin Klein
I've worn this for years as it's so cheap and a great handbag perfume to spritz on during the day. It's very citrusy and light, which I've noticed brings in the men 'wink wink'. Everytime I wear this perfume a guy has been like 'You smell amazing' from work colleagues to friends. Whilst I don't think that you need approval from a man, at all, quite the opposite. I like that this appeals to everyone and is a very yummy smell indeed, it's very clean and whilst it doesn't last long on the skin I can smell it on my clothes the day after and I find that quite a comforting warming smell.

So, those are my three scents I'll be wearing this Summer. Hope I've reviewed one that maybe you'd like to try and let me know what your picks are for Summer! 

Gem xo


No comments:

Post a Comment