Tuesday 17 August 2010

OOTD - Maxis!



Summer is nearly over and I though I'd squeeze a cheeky maxi dress blog into the mix. Maxi dresses are summer 2010 all over, with there being lots and lots of styles on the high street. And when I say lots I mean they were EVERYWHERE this summer, even when it was pissing it down and the streets were filled with water people still donned the maxi and braved the weather. Personally if you get the right style for yourself and you wear it confidently it's very cool, in both terms of the word :)

Now I'm neither tall or slim but I think with a good belt this maxi dress has given me a waist and some shape. Bang tidy!

In every high street shop there was a maxi dress as seen below, my favourite are the jersey, being larger, the jersey material is less clingy and much cooler than a polyester or satin which are still lovely, but not my cup o' tea.

I love the printed ones as well, here I've gone for a lil tie die piece, which I'd love to say I died myself, but I'm too lazy, so I'll have to thank the dorothy perkins ladies for that one. I've seen a few dresses with similar patterns in New Look and Evans too.


For my ultimate maxi dress cool I have paired with wavy hair a la Rachel Bilson! A denim shirt, another summer staple which I'd like to do a blog about before the summer sun disappears, and brown accessories. I also think an on trend top knot as seen in my last OOTD post would look lavly! Wear with sandals now and boots later!

The Maxi dress (God I'm licking it's arse aren't I?) has won so many followers the design is being carried through to winter. For me this means throwing on a leather jacket and some converse (which I couldn't find). But you could also throw some chunky knits on like the ones seen in my Evans post, and some lovely tan boots.

Needless to say I have loved the maxi dress this summer, it's meant less of "ooh blimey, I got a sweat on!" and more "ooh lavly breeze right there ;)" I think I overused the word love in this post but I've gotta direct my attention somewhere, and right now I'm in a complicated relationship with my wardrobe.

How do you wear your maxis? Will you be wearing them in autumn!?

xx

P.s. Sorry about the cheesey schnaaaps, thought I'd smile, I looked reet miserable in the last post :)


Maxi Dress - Dorothy Perkins
Denim Shirt - Primark
Belt - Topshop
Sandals - New Look
Leather (faux) Jacket - Peacocks

6 comments:

  1. i think i'm going to transition mine into fall as well... i'll probably pair it with a leather jacket and closed toe shoes!

    btw, i tagged you in 8 questions. see my blog about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ta robe est superbe,forme et motif !

    bon w end ;O)

    http://letempledeladeessenilunoah.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous! I really love your maxi dress :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabuloso in that dress. I'm following. I invite you to come and take a look at my little blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer the outfit with the leather jacket ! You're gorgeous in there!
    I don't wear maxi dress only because I'm small & that kind of dress are always too long for me ;(

    ReplyDelete