Friday 18 January 2013

50 Days of Shopping Ban

I know this is normally 100 day's and I was genuinely going to do that. But I honestly have no will power. So I've set myself a little 50 day challenge, and if I get to that, I will see how I feel about the 100 day one. I'm setting myself this as I need to save money for more important things in life, I have hundreds of items of clothing in my wardrobe and I disgust myself with how much I buy that I genuinely don't need. I also think it's quite apt for January too when everyone is cutting back, and shopping is the biggest thing I need to cut back on. So the rules are:


  • No buying of clothes.
  • No buying of jewellery.
  • No buying of accessories, such as bags, hats, scarves and shoes.
  • No buying of make up, or skin care.
  • No buying of any media of any sort, books, music or films in any format.
  • No buying of gadgets of any kind.

I am allowed to spend money on some things as a girl can't stop everything in a day, so I'm allowing myself money for social activities such as nights out, cinema nights and going for dinner with the girls. I'm also allowed to buy presents for family and friends as I have my brothers, uncles and a friends birthday in the next 50 days. If you want to have a go please leave a comment and a link to your blog, as I think it'd be quite fun to do it with someone.  Plus my Mum just scoffed and laughed in my face when I told her so I'm going to need some moral support. Today was day 1, so here it goes....

Gem xo

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is a proper mission, I can't remember the last time I went 7 days without spending! Good luck, very impressive task :) x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete