Sunday 23 December 2012

Christmas Party Dress


It's taken my a while to get round to posting this outfit, I've left most of my Christmas bits and bobs until the last minute so blogging has been put a bit on the back burner unfortunately but I thought I'd share my story on how I survived the Christmas office party! It was the office Christmas party last week in Manchester, and I was struggling to find something to wear. I wanted to be dressy but not overly so as we were going straight from work and would be walking about a fair bit around Manchester fairly early. I've also read a few articles where red seems to be a good colour to wear on a night out, and has been popular this year. So when I saw this LRD on ASOS Curve website I knew I had to pick it up.  it has a cute button down design and a little peter pan collar. It fit really well and I really love the shade of red. Despite red being my favourite colour I've never gotten a dress in the colour so this was a great addition to my wardrobe. I accessorised my outfit with chunky boots I can wear all night, gold rings, and a slick of red lipstick. Anyway we went to TGI Fridays in Manchester and I had lots of drinks bought for me so when we got to the main party at Missoula I was suitably pissed already, but then there was a free bar, but I was proud and left with most of my dignity in tact. The photo above was from later on in the night and I'm still looking fairly okay! I had a really good night and survived my first Christmas office party and lived to tell the tale. What did you all get up to for your Christmas party? I hope you got suitably drunk and merry as well!
Dress - ASOS Curve
Tights - Tesco
Boots - ASOS
Leather Jacket - Very (old)

Gem xo




3 comments:

  1. Love this dress, you look gorgeous! Have a very merry Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dress! You look amazing, and the colour is perfect on you! I actually had my eye on this dress, too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free bars are always the best haha. Your dress is gorrrgeous and you look lovely too :) xx

    ReplyDelete