Tuesday 14 August 2012

Kimono Over

Good evening!

Hope everyone has had a nice start to the week. It's been a slow one for me what with work. But I'm only in for three days then I'm going to shoot off to V festival this weekend. Woohoo! So I've been packing clothes and washing them, in hope that it's going to be a bit sunny, but not rainy and not too hot, and just perfect. Ah I know I'm asking too much. Oh well!

Anyway to this outfit. Sometimes I just feel like being boring and throwing on everything black. But I needed something to stop me doing that. This tasselled kimono I picked up in the ASOS sale is perfect. It would look great by the pool over a swimming costume but since there is no chance of me doing that at the moment this will have to suffice. I love the tassle detail although they are very impractical and keep getting caught on everything. And the florals and very pretty. It goes lovely with a black simple tunic and wedges and a topknot for a night out but here I wore it very casually with loose hair and black skinnies. One thing I do wish is, that I'd sized down a couple, it would mean the tassles don't get caught and the sleeves are a bit shorter. 
Look at this cute necklace from Dorothy Perkins. It looks like bunting! I was picking up some simple jersey dresses for V and saw this and had to have it. It looks love over high necked pieces of clothing especially.

Did everyone watch the closing ceremony? I loved it I'm missing the Olympics now, I might have to take up a high octane sport to keep my interest alive (as if). Anyway hope everyone has a lovely week!

Jeans - Dorothy Perkins
T-Shirt - M&S
Kimono - ASOS Curve
Boots - ASOS
Necklace - Dorothy Perkins

Gem xo

3 comments:

  1. Love the Kimono, it's gorgeous! You should totally wear it to the V festival, it would be rockin'! Have fun :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted this but there was only the bigger sizes left :( Looks amazing on you!

    xx


    wearenouvellevague

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the necklace! x

    Currently hosting a giveaway on my blog for a pair of galaxy print leggings! This is the last few days so hurry if you'd like to be in with a chance of winning!

    http://laurenjadem.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete